Simple Organizing: 50 Ways to Clear the Clutter
I'm on a mission to completely declutter and organize my home this year. Or at least this decade. I'm a fan of Melissa Michaels' website, The Inspired Home, as well as the books of hers I have read. So when I had the opportunity to read and review her latest book, Simple Organizing: 5o Ways to Clear the Clutter, I jumped at the chance.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
I already had two of Melissa Michaels' books:
I love them both so I had high expectations for her latest release. Fortunately I was not disappointed. Simple Organizing reflects the author's trademark style - beautiful yet simple and achievable.
A quick look at the contents shows that this book is more than the typical decluttering book.
Make the Most of Your Space
1. Start SMART
2. Fashion a Fabulous Front Porch
3. Welcome Yourself like a Guest
4. Establish an Entry-Level Plan
5. Straighten Up a Small Space
6. Prep Your Purse
DIY Command Central Cabinet
7. Make a Mail Sorting Station
8. Make Memories
9. Question Everything
10. Identify Your Family/Personal Style
11. Repurpose Your Space If Necessary
12. Set Some Goals
13. Make Room For What You Love
14. Strike a Happy Medium
Kitchen & Dining Room
15. Power Clean and Establish a Routine
16. Arrange Areas into Task Zones
17. Deal With Dishes
18. Figure Out Food Storage and Organization
19. Create More Space in Your Kitchen
DIY Under the Kitchen Sink
20. Delight in Your Dining Room
21. Simplify Mealtimes
22. Discover the Domino Effect
23. Eliminate Excess to Make Room for Style
24. Whip Your Wardrobe into Shape
25. Remember Your Routine
26. Put Your Closets and Drawers to Work
27. Create a Cozy Nest
28. Declutter Your Dresser and Bedside Tables
29. Simply with Organic Style
30. Streamline Your Cleaning Routine
31. Transform the Towel and Toiletry Supplies
32. Corral Supplies in Creative Containers
33. Consider Simplifying Your Cleaning Products
34. Pamper with a Personal Spa
35. Pare Down Beauty Products
36. Live with Laundry
37. Set Up a Wellness Station
38. Help Establish Orderly Habits
39. Introduce Housekeeping Routines Early
40. Streamline and Simplify Kids' Stuff
41. Arrange Areas for Imaginative Play
42. Control the Clothing Situation
43. Set Up Kids for Success in School
Home Office & Creative Spaces
44. Take Control with a Family Command Center
45. Establish a Place for Everything
46. Rotate Items Seasonally
47. Pare Down Paper Clutter
48. Set Up Stations for Specific Tasks
DIY Wrapping Center
49. Find a Home for Creative Supplies
50. Embrace a Mind-Set of Simplicity
I like the way we are directed through our homes one room or zone at a time. Other methods require tearing up your entire home at once but Melissa's approach is far more realistic for busy households.
The book is full of creative storage and organization ideas, as well as a focus on how to create a space that reflects the way each individual family lives.
Bonus: The pictures are gorgeous and her dogs are adorable!
Note: I received a free copy to review but all opinions are my own.