As the weather cools, hearty dishes really begin to hit the spot. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you can serve your family this delicious, flavorful Chicken Creole on a chilly evening. I make it in the Instant Pot but I’ve also included instructions for the slow cooker.
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more here.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in large dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in large dice
- 3 stalks celery, sliced crosswise
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons worchestershire sauce
- In Instant Pot on sauté setting, cook vegetables in oil until onions are translucent.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Season with Creole seasoning, garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour can of tomatoes over.
- Drizzle with worchestershire sauce.
- Cook on "slow cook" setting for 5 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can also make this in a slow cooker. Sauté vegetables in a skillet first, place in slow cooker and then continue the recipe as above. The advantage to the Instant Pot is that there is no additional skillet to wash.
I serve it over cooked rice (Zatarain’s is my favorite for Cajun or Creole dishes) with a tossed green salad and French bread.