I got this recipe for Creamy Artichoke Pasta from allrecipes.com and believe me, it is a keeper! It sounds so simple but the flavor is rich and the texture creamy. From now on there will always be a jar of artichoke hearts in my pantry and cottage cheese in my refrigerator.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place olive oil, butter, and liquid from artichoke hearts in skillet. Cut artichoke hearts into bite-size pieces. When olive oil mixture is hot, add onion and garlic. Saute until soft and lightly browned. Stir in artichoke hearts and saute until heated through. Season with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Remove from heat and stir in cottage cheese and sour cream. Toss mixture with cooked pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
Note: Believe it or not, I actually followed this recipe. The only thing I did differently is that I used Creole Seasoning in place of the cayenne, salt and oregano (it contains those ingredients), and added a bit of basil. It was still delicious reheated for my lunch the next day. You really must try this one!