I came up with what I hope will be a daily routine which can be accomplished in about an hour and will leave my house in reasonably good condition each day.
- make bed
- swish and swipe master bathroom *
- take wastebasket and load of laundry downstairs
- empty wastebasket into kitchen trashcan (and other downstairs wastebaskets if needed)
- start laundry
- put away clean dishes, empty dishwasher
- wash (or put in dishwasher) any dishes left in sink or from breakfast
- start at front door and walk through each room tidying up anything out of place
- swish and swipe guest bathroom *
- feather dust tables and other flat surfaces
- vacuum main traffic areas
- drink a glass of water
I’m not sure if I can accomplish all this in one hour. I’ll be out of town today but I’ll give it a whirl and time myself on Thursday or Friday and then report back.
*“Swish and Swipe” is a Flylady term which you can read about here. I add wiping the mirror, sink and counter to it, all of which can be done in about three minutes or less and leaves your bathroom in decent shape on a daily basis.