This has been one of those weeks when I can’t seem to keep track of what day it is. We got home from our vacation to New Orleans late Monday night so that is likely what threw me off. We had a wonderful time other than a trip to the E.R. with David. We aren’t certain whether it was a virus or food poisoning but after hours of very painful cramps and him hyperventilating from the pain we made the decision to go to the emergency room. Of course, we didn’t have a car so that necessitated an ambulance ride. I guess we can cross that one off our bucket lists.
Fortunately whatever it was began to resolve without anything more than several hours in the emergency room, an x-ray, CT scan and bag of IV fluids. We got home and to bed around 3 a.m. so the following day was spent resting and recovering. This all happened on Monday and Tuesday of our vacation so we still had the rest of the week and a weekend to try to make up for lost time. We are never ready to come home, though. As we stood in line for our plane a little 5 year old girl behind us told her mom, “I don’t want to leave this place.” A girl after my own heart.
Early Tuesday morning – like 7:30 a.m. early – our plumber called to say that the part he had ordered for our a/c system was in and could he send his guys out to install it. I was awake but hadn’t gotten out of bed yet. He said he would have them go do another job first and then come out to our house. They were here several hours, replaced the coil and were recharging the a/c when I heard a loud hissing sound. Both workmen were outside. I went out and asked if it should be making that sound. Um, nope. The new coil was leaking (understatement). They had to take it back off, put the old one (with a slow leak) back on. The new, new coil should be here in a couple of weeks and then I’ll get to have workmen in my house all day again. Yay. I can hardly wait.
Let’s see…what else has been going on this week? Oh, yeah. David started coming down with a cold on our way home and by Tuesday afternoon it was pretty nasty. He stayed home all day Wednesday, went in late Thursday and a just a little late Friday. I’ve been sleeping in the guest room and dosing myself with what I refer to as “voodoo meds” or “The Potion” (a concoction of stuff I get at the health food store with a shot of vodka added for good measure). I was pretty sure I’d dodged the viral bullet until yesterday afternoon when I started feeling a little iffy myself. I plan to spend this weekend drinking hot tea and willing myself well.
So let’s take a look at my “week in review”, shall we?
On the blog~
- Menu Monday – I wrote and pre-scheduled this before our trip using healthy recipes from Pinterest. This in no way resembles what we actually ate this week.
- Music Monday – Another post I pre-wrote but it so happens that we actually ended up seeing this band, The Funky Meters, in New Orleans.
- La rentrée – or “Welcome Home”– A few pictures showcasing the gorgeous weather we had in New Orleans.
- Dinner at Antoines – We usually try to have one really nice meal each trip to New Orleans. This time we chose Antoine’s.
- My Library Book Sale Haul – I can’t resist a good library book sale.
- Taco Chicken ~ An Easy Weeknight Dish – Chicken cooked with taco ingredients? Yes, please.
On the Facebook page~
I’ve shared lots of delicious-sounding recipes, gift ideas, Halloween crafts, helpful hints, interesting articles and a bit of humor on the Life With Dee Facebook page. If you aren’t following me there yet, zip on over, “like” the page and adjust the settings so you receive notifications of new posts. I promise you’ll find something of interest there every day. Such as:
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 Habits of People Who Always Have Great Ideas
- Switching to Safer Cookware
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- Simple Steps for Creating a Natural Medicine Cabinet
- Milano Cookies Recipe
- The 15 Best Halloween Movies to Watch in October
- Season’s Cleanings: Dignity in Homemaking
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- Why Do People in the South Call Lunch “Dinner” and Dinner “Supper?
- Homemade Sausage Biscuits
- English Muffins – how to make from scratch
- 14 Great Gifts that cost ZERO Money to Make from Re-purposed Items
Favorite audio post~
I always love what Tonya Leigh has to say –
Never say you’re “too old”:
Favorite YouTube video~
I’m loving the “Making it Modern” series by The Glamorous Housewife –
Cherry Crown Chicken vs. Cherry Barbecue Chicken: Making It Modern
If you are subscribed to my newsletter you may have noticed that I didn’t send one this week. I send them on Wednesdays and it was late that night when it occurred to me that I hadn’t written one. I thought I might send it on Thursday but that obviously didn’t happen. I decided to cut myself some slack and just skip it this week. If you haven’t signed up for it yet, fill in the form below or in the sidebar of the blog. I promise I’ll send one next week!