I finally succumbed to the cold which chased me all last week. The good part is that it only lasted about 48 hours and was very mild. The bad part? As always, it set off an asthma attack. I’m currently doing breathing treatments and pretending I won’t end up on steroids. Otherwise all is well at Chez Piercy.
I have some really exciting news. I am now writing for The Glamorous Housewife! My first post went live a couple of days ago and I’d love for you to take a look and leave a comment:
What is the weather like where you live? We’ve had gorgeous sunny days the past few weeks but today I awakened to rain and temperatures which never got out of the 50s. I guess my beloved summer is well and truly gone.
On that note, it’s time to cosy up the house and prepare for winter. I’ve got a few things on my list to purchase:
- a coat rack (This has been on my list for ages – still looking for just the right one. Any suggestions?)
- something to put damp boots on by the front door
- cosy socks
If you’d like to indulge in a bit of cosy homemaking charm, I have just the thing:
Alison of Brocante Home has written this delightful download filled with her signature “puttery treats”, recipes, and lovely ideas to make winter sound almost like something to look forward to.
Adding quartered oranges to each breakfast is a sure-fire way to dose your family with vitamin C and has the added bonus of leaving you with a daily pile of skin and zest that you can chuck in to a saucepan and simmer with cloves and cinnamon so the delicious scent of Winter tickles every corner of your home.
I adore simmering citrus peels and spices on my stove to give the house a lovely scent. Looks like I also need to stock up on oranges.
On the blog~
- Menu Monday
- Music Monday ~ Blues and Barbecue Festival
- Shiloh Says (a new, ongoing series by our dog)
- The Potion – A Cold Remedy
- Timely Tunes
- Dee’s Guide to a Perfect Cup of Tea
On the Facebook Page~
- Coconut Caramel Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Polish Your Poise With Madame Chic
- The Present Box
- 20 Chocolate Recipes to Try Today
- Holiday Planners: Have an Organized Holiday Season
- Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
- Halloween Treat Bags for Children With Allergies
- 15 Delicious New Ways to Make Oatmeal
- Candied Maple Sweet Potatoes