Do you have a housekeeping schedule? I used to but in the past few years it’s become more of a general routine – a very, very loose routine – than a schedule. As I’ve written here before, I’d like to develop a new routine/schedule but it hasn’t happened yet. I do, however, have a short list of tasks which I nearly always do on Mondays.
I do as little as possible on Sundays, other than church and a nap, so by the time the guys go to work Monday morning, the house needs a little attention. We are all adults here so it’s not like the house is trashed but there is usually some straightening up needed, as well as a few chores I choose to do on Mondays.
Here is my list of Monday tasks I nearly always manage to complete:
- remove sheets, wash, dry and remake the bed (including ironing the pillow cases, of course)
- catch up on other laundry (I generally do a load most weekdays and 3 or 4 on Mondays)
- refill parakeet’s food and water
- water all the houseplants (I have around 20 so this does take a few minutes)
- clean litter box (although lately the cats have been going outside – yay!)
- generally tidy up
- write weekly menu for Dee’s Kitchen blog