A friend sent me this as an email survey but I thought I’d use it on my blog instead. We returned from New Orleans a couple of weeks ago and hit the ground running. It’s been incredibly busy around here and with the holidays fast approaching I doubt it’s going to get much better until after the first of the year. I’ll try to post about our New Orleans trip soon but in the meantime…
1. What time is it? 2:01 p.m.
2. What are you most afraid of? Losing someone I love.
3. What is the most recent movie you’ve seen in a theater? “Dan in Real Life“. We saw this last night and it was really, really good.
4. Place of birth? Santa Barbara, California
5. Favorite food? It’s hard to pick just one. I do love the traditional Thanksgiving turkey and all the trimmings.
6. What’s your natural hair color? I haven’t seen it for years but it was medium brown.
7. Ever been to Alaska? No. I like warm places.
8. Ever been in a car race? Just really short ones in either my or David’s Mustang, back in highschool.
9. Had more than three tickets? No.
10. Been in a car accident? Yes.
11. Ice cream or pudding? Ice cream, unless you mean bread pudding which is my favorite dessert.
12. Favorite day of the week? Usually Thursday since that is our regular *date night*.
13. Favorite restaurant? Locally, Papa Gjorgjo’s.
14. Favorite flower? Lilac. I’m also extremely fond of gardenias.
15. Favorite sport to watch? Bowling. (just kidding) Probably soccer.
17. Favorite ice cream? Homemade vanilla with fresh peaches.
18. Been to Disneyland? I grew up in Southern California so, uh, yeah. Several times a year until we moved to Oklahoma and close to once a year ever since. It’s the happiest place on earth. 🙂
19. Ever been on a ship? I toured the Queen Mary once but it was docked. That’s probably just as well because I am prone to seasickness.
20. What color is your bedroom carpet? Dark green berber.
21. How many times did you fail your drivers test? I passed the first time.
22. What do you do when you are bored? I’m never bored as long as I have something to read or my computer.
21. Bedtime? Too late. It’s usually around midnight when we go to sleep. Unless we are in New Orleans when we often stay out until 2 or 3 a.m.
22. Been to a casino within the last month? No.
23. Favorite tv show? I’m a big “I Love Lucy” fan but of current shows I would have to say “House” is my favorite.
24. Last person you went to dinner with? David, Chris and Lauren — last night at Charleston’s in Norman.
25. Favorite time of year? Autumn, unless I start thinking about winter coming. I also really like Spring when everything starts turning green again.
26. What are your favorite colors? I adore purple.
27. If you had a tattoo what would it be? I can’t imagine anything that would look good on an 80 year old woman so I sincerely doubt I would ever get one. However, if I had to pick something it would be a fleur-de-lis. Very small, someplace not likely to sag — like my ankle.
28. How many pets do you have? Two dogs, one cat, two goldfish, two chickens, a horse and a parakeet.
29. How many miles do you put on your car per year? I’m really not certain but I’d guess 15-20,000 miles.
30. What do you want to do before you die? Have grandchildren, publish a book, live in New Orleans, attend a Flaming Lips concert, learn how to send a text message…lots of other stuff.
31. Have you ever been to Hawaii? Yes.
32. Have you been to countries outside the U.S.? Just to Tijuana for an afternoon but I’d love to travel to Europe someday.
Okay, that’s all for now. If you have a blog and want to do this survey on yours, please leave me a link so I can read it. Or you can email me if you don’t have a blog. Just don’t send me a text message because I don’t know how to respond to it.