I had no plan for dinner tonight other than wanting to use up the leftover ham and cooked cabbage from New Year’s Day. I went to the kitchen, hoping to make some magic out of leftovers and was wildly successful. While it’s still fresh in my mind I’m going to write down how I made it in the hopes I can duplicate it someday.
Now, if you are the sort of cook who needs precise measurements and instructions, this recipe probably isn’t for you. But I’ll do the best I can to explain how I made it.
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- approx. 1.5 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- approx. 1 cup cooked cabbage (cooked with bacon, onion and bell pepper)
- 1 quart organic chicken broth
- Creole seasoning, garlic salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon powdered chicken flavored broth (may use chicken bouillon)
- 6 ounces dried egg noodles