November 3rd is National Sandwich Day so I thought we’d celebrate with this easy but delicious ham and provolone sandwich with caramelized onions.
Ham and Provolone Sandwich
- buns or sandwich rolls, toasted and buttered
- ham slices, grilled
- provolone cheese slices
- caramelized onions
- honey mustard
- Caramelize the onions - slice onion thinly and cook over medium heat in a tablespoon of butter. May add a teaspoon of brown sugar a few minutes before done. Set aside.
- In same pan, brown ham slices in a little butter.
- Toast and butter buns or rolls.
- Top bottom half of bun with grilled ham, provolone cheese, and caramelized onions.
- Spread honey mustard on top half of bun and place on sandwich.
- Place sandwich in toaster oven (or microwave) and heat until cheese starts to melt.
Caramelize the onions:
Brown the ham slices:
Heat until cheese melts and enjoy!
Serve with green salad and fresh fruit for a quick and easy dinner:
For another yummy sandwich idea take a look at this one: