I made these Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Pizza Subs for David and myself this past weekend for lunch. They were super easy and delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more here.
- sandwich rolls/hoagies
- olive oil
- pizza sauce
- grated mozzarella cheese
- red pepper flakes
- Brush inside of each roll with olive oil.
- Lightly toast in oven.
- Spread pizza sauce inside roll.
- Add ham and drained pineapple.
- Top with grated cheese and return to broiler until cheese melts and starts to brown slightly.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
I made my own simple pizza sauce by adding just a few ingredients to tomato sauce:
- garlic powder
- a little sugar
- drizzle of olive oil
These were very good “as is” but you could certainly dress them up with bell peppers, black olives or anything else you like on pizza.
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Do you like pineapple on yours? Apparently that’s a controversial topic. 😉
This post is linked up at Miz Helen’s “Full Plate Thursday”: