Do you ever have one of those weeks you wish you could do over? Last week was one humdinger of a week for me. I don’t like to dwell on the negative so I’ll spare you the gory details but here are a few thoughts and observations from last week, in no particular order.
1. There’s probably a 100% chance that the friend handing out drugs at a party is not a pharmacist and one *little* mistake in compounding those drugs can be deadly.
2. No matter how old your “child” is, watching them endure lengthy dental procedures is still hard.
3. Jambalaya made with 12 cups of dry rice and 24 cups of water is HEAVY. Note to self: Next time use more than one disposable pan.
4. An easily cleaned plastic wastebasket in the bathroom is a handy item in case of food poisoning.
5. Garlicky foods are much better going down than coming up. (Sorry, but it’s true!)
6. “That 70s Show” is excellent, mindless entertainment when you don’t feel well enough to read or use the computer.
7. If I ever win the lottery I want my own Jeeves.
8. Calling a funeral home for quotes on their services on Mother’s Day isn’t something I ever thought I’d be doing but it was infinitely better than being the mom who will never see her daughter again.
9. The word “friend” isn’t specific enough. Maybe we need a color-coded system for designating degrees of friendship.
10. Someone who is undergoing chemo and not feeling well but who continues to volunteer their time and expertise to provide health care to those in need is a perfect example of the type of Christian I aspire to be. Even if she does attend a church (mine) that some think should no longer be referred to as Christian.
11. I have the most awesome husband, son, daughter and son-in-law imaginable.
A lot of people hate Mondays but after the week I had I was more than happy to see the beginning of a new one. Now just for fun: