We all have those hectic nights when a super easy meal is essential. Lemon and Rosemary Baked Chicken with Asparagus is a perfect weeknight meal when you don’t have the time or inclination to hover over the stove. And since you only use one pan for both the chicken and veggie, cleanup is a breeze, too. Add this recipe from Kayla of That One Birch to your list of “quick and easy dinners”.
Lemon and Rosemary Baked Chicken
by Kayla Greensky
When looking for a healthy and flavorful recipe there’s nothing as easy as baking up some lemon rosemary chicken with asparagus. Not only are all of the ingredients natural, it’s a meal that can be prepared in under an hour. Although I make my asparagus with minced garlic, simply using some lemon to flavor the asparagus works as well. I love when food has a citrusy flavor. There was one time when I didn’t have any lemons in the house so I used an orange instead. Delish!
Keep in mind that baking times may differ depending on whether you’re using a gas or electric stove. The temperature and timing that I use has the chicken coming out nice and juicy. No dry chicken here!
- 1 pkg. skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ½-1 lemon
- Fresh asparagus
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- olive oil or coconut oil (to taste & to grease)
- aluminum foil
- baking pan
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lay foil down on baking pan and grease with olive oil or coconut oil.
2. Cut any fat off of the chicken breasts. Depending on the size of the breasts consider cutting them in half for more even cooking.
3. Place chicken in the baking pan (leave room for asparagus) and pour the juice of half a lemon over the chicken. Add rosemary.
4. Take another piece of foil and put the asparagus on it. Add a drizzle of olive oil and minced garlic. Wrap the foil around the asparagus loosely and leave a small hole open for steam to pass through. Set to the side.
5. Place chicken in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Add asparagus and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Bio: Kayla is a military spouse who enjoys hiking and caring for her two furry babies. She is the owner of That One Birch, a lifestyle, DIY and recipe blog where she shares her experiences.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Life With Dee!