Did you have a nice weekend? Yesterday was absolutely perfect. Church, big family meal and egg hunt, sunbathing in the front yard and stargazing last night.
This will be another busy week. My daughter is speaking at an event in Tulsa Tuesday evening. We are going up during the day, will spend the night and then do our monthly grocery shopping in Tulsa on Wednesday. That means I’ve got a LOT to do today!
It’s a pretty day so we plan to grill hamburgers tonight. David has a firefighters meeting at 6 and I’m hoping it won’t be lengthy. If it’s still warm enough we’ll eat on the front porch by candlelight.
- grilled burgers (If I have time I’ll make hamburger buns this afternoon, otherwise we’ll use the homemade bread I made Saturday.)
- homemade potato salad (leftover from our Easter meal)
- homemade coleslaw (also leftover from Easter)
- sliced blood oranges
- homemade fries (maybe)
Lisa and I will be in Tulsa. We will be going out to dinner after the speaking engagement, along with the author who is the main speaker. Should be fun!
We’ll be doing our monthly shopping in Tulsa before heading home and I expect it will be rather late when we get home. We’ll probably eat up there or on our way home. The husbands will be on their own!
David suggested we eat mostly salads before our upcoming trip to New Orleans. 😉
- chef salads
- fresh fruit
The forecast shows another gorgeous day in the 70s.
- grilled chicken
- roasted asparagus (or artichokes if I can find some good ones in Tulsa)
- salads with leftover chicken sliced on top
- fresh fruit
What’s cooking at your house this week?