Once again, it’s time for Menu Monday here on Life With Dee. Don’t these weeks roll around quickly? You may notice a bit of a change in our menus from this point forward. Of course, there will be more of a focus on the fresh fruits and vegetables coming into season. I love farmers market season! But beyond that we will be trying to eat more of a Mediterranean-style diet.
David had a bit of a health scare and his cardiologist has recommended some dietary changes. My research indicates that a Mediterranean diet is an excellent choice and it’s something we can live with. There’s no point in adopting a strict diet and then giving it all up in frustration. Better to choose a healthy, yet tasty and livable eating plan, don’t you think?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Important note: Be sure to scroll all the way past the menu for a time-sensitive offer I think you’ll love!
- Flageolet bean and vegetable casserole
- mixed green salad with feta and blueberries
- Garlic Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken + Potatoes
- mixed green salad with fresh lemon and olive oil dressing
- steamed broccoli
- Mediterranean style roast beef with artichokes and Kalamata olives (slow cooker)
- zucchini and red onion sautéed in olive oil
- spinach salad with strawberries, blueberries and feta cheese
- Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Tomato Basil Sauce
- brown rice
- oven roasted asparagus drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with garlic salt
- mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- French roasted whole chicken
- oven roasted carrots, onions, red potatoes
- fresh green beans
- mixed green salad with homemade French dressing
- soup made with leftover roasted chicken and vegetables
- toasted baguette
WHAT’S COOKING AT YOUR HOUSE THIS WEEK?
If you have any recipes that are compatible with a Mediterranean diet would you share them with me, please? I’m especially interested in fish or seafood recipes that might appeal to someone who isn’t a big fan of fish (that would be David – I love seafood!).
MEAL PLANNING RESOURCES I RECOMMEND
- Meal Planning That Saves You Time and Money – includes links to free printables!
- 30 Ways to Save on Groceries
- Do you want to eat a healthy, organic, grass fed diet but don’t think you can afford it? My friend, Victoria of A Modern Homestead, explains how they do it on less than $200 a month. Click here to find out how:
This post is linked up at I’m an Organizing Junkie. Check it out for more great menu ideas!