This is my first Menu Monday post for my new site, Life With Dee! I’m beyond excited about this. Ask my husband – he’s probably tired of hearing about it although he would never admit it. So, here goes:
Click here for more menu ideas!
I’m busy, busy today getting this site ready to launch. I also had to make a trip to town to get my drivers license renewed. Nothing like waiting until the last day, along with everyone else in town. Actually, it wasn’t that bad. There were only 3 or 4 people ahead of me and my picture turned out half-way decent. I’d say that’s a plus. So tonight’s dinner will be pretty simple and also use up several items that need to be used.
- salad with fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, grapes, dried cranberries and poppyseed dressing
- fresh corn on the cob
- fresh green beans cooked with red new potatoes
Taco Tuesday is always a good idea, right?
- lentil tacos
- tossed green salad
Piano lessons and church choir rehearsal both start back up today. I’ve moved my piano lesson to 5 p.m. and choir is at 7. My plan is to stay in town in between and use that time to run errands. I think Wednesdays will be slow cooker days. Or “everyone for themselves” days.
- roast, potatoes, carrots and onions in the slow cooker
- roast beef sandwiches on French bread (will order a fresh loaf from a local restaurant)
- homemade macaroni salad
- frozen French fries
I have a partial bag of meatballs in the freezer which I want to use up. I don’t seem to be making much progress in making space in the freezer.
- tossed green salad (first course)
- spaghetti and meatballs
- garlic bread (from leftover French bread)
- homemade chocolate chip cookies
Since it will just be the two of us Friday night and there will definitely be leftover sauce/meatballs, I think I will repurpose the leftovers into a casserole.
- marinara and meatball casserole
- green salad
- leftover garlic bread
We usually go to our favorite Mexican restaurant after church and then save half our meals for dinner. I do my best to avoid cooking on Sundays.
So tell me, what’s cooking at your house this week?