I know I say this periodically but I really MUST start using up the food in my freezer! I want to have room for all the lovely produce now coming into season and available at our local farmers market. I want to see lots and lots of corn, peaches, green beans, zucchini and other yummies in the freezer by the end of summer. I also plan to do some canning and make some jams and jellies. Guess I’d better take a look at what’s lurking in the deep freeze and get cooking.
- Vegetable medley
- brown rice
- tossed green salad
- homemade rolls
- banana pudding (no, I’ve still not made this yet!)
- potato leek soup
- leftover rolls
- Chinese chicken salad (I’ll make a portion without chicken for Chris)
- candied carrots
- Corn on the cob (I’m hoping to get some at the farmers market Wednesday)
- fresh green beans and new potatoes
- tossed green salad with egg wedges
- homemade bread
- Date night
Our daughter (Lisa) and son-in-law (Justin) gave David a wonderful steak as part of his birthday present, along with a bottle of brandy. I think Justin might have had a role in choosing these gifts. 😉 Anyway, I think we will grill Saturday.
- grilled steak (for David)
- grilled shrimp (for me)
- baked potatoes
- ice cream (I haven’t had any in ages and it’s been sounding good. Maybe I’ll make some homemade and perhaps make a fresh fruit syrup to go over it. Or I might just pick up a carton of all-natural ice cream at the dairy store. We’ll see…)
I’d love to hear what is on your menu this week. Tell me something you are planning to have for dinner this week and if you have a blog, I’ll go leave a comment on it.