Shrimp and grits…a staple of the South. There are countless recipes. From simple to complex. Here is my recipe for Sweet and Spicy Shrimp.
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more here.
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp
- Shrimp (preferably Gulf) - peeled and deveined - approximately 6-8 per person
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- Creole seasoning to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until just starting to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- In same skillet add onion and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add wine and stir, scraping pan to deglaze.
- Add worchestershire sauce, sweet red chili sauce and Creole seasoning.
- Cook over medium low heat a couple of minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add remaining cold butter, one tablespoon at a time until incorporated into the sauce.
- Return shrimp to pan, season with freshly ground black pepper and heat through.
- Serve over hot, cheese grits.
Makes two servings. May easily be doubled (or more). Serve over cheese grits.
This post is linked up at Miz Helen’s Full Plate Thursday.