Shrimp and grits…a staple of the South. There are countless recipes. From simple to complex. Here is my recipe for Sweet and Spicy Shrimp.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Life With Dee!
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp
- Shrimp (preferably Gulf) - peeled and deveined - approximately 6-8 per person
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- Creole seasoning to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until just starting to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- In same skillet add onion and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add wine and stir, scraping pan to deglaze.
- Add worchestershire sauce, sweet red chili sauce and Creole seasoning.
- Cook over medium low heat a couple of minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add remaining cold butter, one tablespoon at a time until incorporated into the sauce.
- Return shrimp to pan, season with freshly ground black pepper and heat through.
- Serve over hot, cheese grits.
Makes two servings. May easily be doubled (or more). Serve over cheese grits.
This post is linked up at Miz Helen’s Full Plate Thursday.