- avoid sun exposure
- remove makeup before going to bed
- wear sunscreen (I opt for natural mineral makeup on my face rather than chemical sunscreens)
- cleanse skin thoroughly
- exfoliate (personally I think this can be overdone, especially if you have sensitive skin)
- hydrate (6-8 glasses of water per day)
- get plenty of sleep
- avoid smoking and excessive alcohol
Essentially, my skin care routine (when I’m doing it right) involves a tissue-off cleanser before bed and a good nighttime moisturizer. In the morning, something like witch hazel or Bioderma Micellar Water on a cotton pad to refresh the skin and then a daytime moisturizer. I use mineral makeup which is a natural sunscreen. And that’s it.
*Update: I was in a hurry as I wrote this post last night and didn’t have time to include links. I just Googled Jane Sebeyran and am sad to report that she died a few months ago.
THE COMPLETE SERIES…