I’m in Dallas right now at a blogging conference with my daughter, Lisa. This is something we’ve been wanting to do for several years. I hope to come back with lots of good ideas and inspiration for Life With Dee.
This has been a busy week. David was out of town Sunday night through Thursday afternoon. When he’s home I *try* to stop working after dinner and spend time with him but while he was away I worked very late every night – sometimes until after midnight. I know that’s not sustainable but I am still trying to get caught up on a lot of things. I’m doing a lot of thinking about priorities and time management right now. You can probably expect a post or two about those topics soon. But for now, let’s just take a look at this past week, shall we?
Life With Dee’s first giveaway was a rousing success. Over 200 people entered! The winner was Chic Mummy. Congratulations!
I haven’t had time to watch much television – actually, I’m not a big viewer anyway – but I finished the second Netflix DVD of the Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman show. I had watched occasionally when it first aired back in the 70s but my parents weren’t fans and I only could watch by myself in my room. I had a teeny, tiny black and white TV. It’s funny in a decidedly offbeat and quirky way.
I passed 1600 followers on Thursday! Feel free to follow me here.
Have you checked out Periscope yet? I’m just getting acquainted with it myself. The only scopes (is that the right term?) I’ve watched so far are the ones Crystal Paine does each morning. I’m really enjoying them. I think the best one I’ve seen so far is the one she did on handling email. You can see it here.
Claude Monet – Filmed painting out doors (1915)
This week’s posts:
- Giveaway Winner!
- Menu Monday
- Music Monday ~ The Dudes
- Grocery Haul
- Timely Tunes ~ a new feature
- Amish School Auction
- French Friday ~ “Forever Chic” (ch. 9)
This week on the Life With Dee Facebook page:
- Inexpensive Fall Decorating Ideas
- Multi-tasking: how to survive in the 21st century
- Puttery Treats for September ~ Brocante Home
- The Country Weekend ~ Vicki Archer
- Why I Packed Up My Life and Moved to France
- Deep Clean Your Makeup Brushes Naturally ~ Retro Housewife Goes Green
- General Tso Chicken in the Crock Pot ~ The Glamorous Housewife
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Cranberries and Apples ~ Bren Did
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Hospitality
- 9 Reasons to Try Mindful Walking
Coming next week:
- Menu Monday
- Music Monday
- French Friday
- my story about eating escargot in Paris (yeah, I meant to do that this past week)
- probably a post about the blogging convention
- the start of a series on getting ready for autumn
I hope you are having a marvelous weekend. Be sure to check out the Life With Dee Facebook page and sign up for the newsletter (on sidebar of blog).