Periodically one of my friends will post a picture on Facebook of something delicious that they cooked. Some will agree to write a guest post sharing their recipe. When I saw this on Craig’s page I had to ask if he’d share. He graciously agreed. Here it is:
- 1 lb. dry cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (35 % fat)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil. Add Italian seasoning and cook until onions are tender. Stir in mushrooms. Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add wine, boil for 30 seconds and stir in tomato sauce. When sauce is hot, stir in cream and parmesan cheese.
I used a bag of cheese tortellini, a jar of Classico vodka sauce (I was going to make my own but I decided to use pre-made for my first time.), 1/4 of a small tub of ricotta cheese mixed with sauce, along with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning mixed in. Grilled chicken with marinade and seasoning…I used Worcestershire and Italian seasoning and Creole seasoning on mine. Then I sprinkled Italian and mozzarella cheese on top and a little more of each seasoning for the fancy look. I kinda went my own way and experimented with it…like adding ricotta cheese…but it was goood!
Doesn’t that sound delicious? Thanks, Craig. I need to give this one a try soon.