It’s 9 a.m. and my plans for the day have already changed. I need to make a trip to the city to buy something to wear to a funeral Wednesday. I was going to go tomorrow but after checking the weather and seeing thunderstorms in tomorrow’s forecast, I think today would be better.
- lasagna roll-ups (I made spaghetti last night and have leftover sauce.)
- garlic bread
David’s boss and a couple of the company owners will be in town for the Wednesday funeral (one of David’s drivers was killed in an accident Friday) so we will all be going out to dinner.
- organic all-beef hot dogs on homemade buns
- macaroni salad
- French fries
- tacos (hopefully on homemade tortillas!)
- Mexican rice and beans
- tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole (if I can find some decent avocados)
- pot roast
- potatoes, carrots, onions
- bbq beef sandwiches on homemade rolls
You may have noticed that instead of our usual mostly vegetarian diet, this week includes a lot of meat. I’m not exactly happy about that but my iron levels are so low that I’m utterly exhausted and short of breath with minimal exertion. I’m taking some supplements as I can but I have decided to up my meat intake – especially beef – for awhile in the hopes of improving my iron status. I’ve got so many things I want to do, especially with Spring coming on soon, and I need some energy!