One of those things…
I saw this on a blog I read (www.sunydazydays.blogspot.com) and thought it would be a good way to fill this spot today.
1. What is your occupation?
wife, mom, zookeeper, writer wannabe
2. What color are your socks right now?
no socks; I’m wearing my Birkenstocks
3. What are you listening to right now?
Chris and Daniel are watching SouthPark downstairs so I can hear that.
4. What was the last thing you ate?
I’m ashamed to say it was a hamburger from McDonald’s. I had just a few minutes to grab something between visiting my grandmother (to clip her toenails…no, I’m not kidding) and going to choir rehearsal. It was every bit as bad as the last one I had there.
5. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
The 64 count Crayola box with built-in sharpener? Those are cool. Let’s see, it would have to be one of the purples. Wisteria?
6. The last person you spoke to on the phone?
Karen, the young daughter of my friend, Nancy. We are playing phone tag and Nancy wasn’t home.
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
I don’t know her personally but I enjoy reading her blog.
8. How old are you today?
A day older than I was yesterday. 🙂
9. Favorite drink?
Well, that all depends. First thing in the morning I absolutely have to have a cup of Earl Grey tea. If I’m working and really thirsty I like Diet Coke with vanilla syrup in it but I usually drink water instead. After a nice dinner I enjoy a really good cup of coffee. My favorite alcoholic beverage is a Cosmopolitan (made properly and using good vodka like Ketel One or Hanger One).
10. What is your favorite sport to watch?
I like Monday Night Football because David rubs my back in bed while he watches it. Otherwise I would have to say soccer.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Can you hear me laughing? Yes, I have a standing appointment every five weeks.
We currently have a cat, a dog, a fish, a parakeet, a horse and three chickens.
13. Favorite food?
I can’t say that I have just one favorite but I adore perfectly fried chicken. Rarely have it, though.
14. What was the last movie you watched?
An Inconvenient Truth. We watched it Sunday; thought that was appropriate for Earth Day.
15. What was the last book you read?
“Let’s Go For Broke” by Mary Lasswell. Hilarious!
16. What do you do to vent anger?
Depends. I can usually work it off by cleaning house. From the looks of my floors I have been anger-free for a long time.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My Madame Alexander baby doll.
18. What is your favourite, fall or spring?
I love both but around here the weather is best in the fall.
19. Can you drive a stick shift?
20. Hugs or kisses?
21. Cherries or blueberries?
Cherries, although I really prefer peaches.
22. Do you want your friends to leave you comments?
23. Who is the most likely to comment?
Lisa or Roz
24. Who is least likely to comment?
That anonymous spammer person. Oh, wait. Maybe they are the MOST likely to comment.
25. Living arrangements?
Not sure what this means. I live with my husband in a house.
26. When was the last time you cried?
Can’t recall; it’s been awhile. Although I get slightly teary-eyed pretty easily and often. Like tonight at choir rehearsal when we sang a song about mothers.
27. What’s on the floor of your closet?
Wicker laundry basket, shoes, a couple of suitcases, the new jewelry box David bought me that I still haven’t switched over to yet.
28. Who is the friend you’ve had the longest?
My cousin, Sue. We grew up next door to one another and were best friends.
29. What did you do last night?
Fixed dinner, ate with the three guys (David, Chris and Daniel), cleaned the kitchen, fed the dog, read emails, went to bed and read until after midnight. Pretty exciting, huh?
30. Favorite smells?
Line-dried sheets that were rinsed with Downy, freshly bathed babies still glistening with Baby Magic lotion, freshly brewed coffee, gardenias and lilacs, a new box of Crayola crayons (has to be that brand)
31. What inspires you?
Stories of ordinary people who have done extraordinary things
32. What are you afraid of?
Disappointing people I love.
33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
Well, definitely not McDonald’s! I’m not generally all that fond of hamburgers but my preference is a cheeseburger with mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.
34. Favorite dog breed?
35. Number of keys on your ring?
Hmm…they’re in the car but I think it’s just the two car keys. I don’t know where our house key is.
36. Number of years at current job?
I’ve been married almost 26 years. 🙂
37. Favorite day of the week?
38. How many states/countries have you lived in?
Two. I was born and grew up in California, moved to Oklahoma after graduating from highschool and have been here ever since.
39. Favorite holidays?
I love Christmas but it involves so much work that I’ve come to appreciate the simplicity of Thanksgiving more in recent years.
40. Ever driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery?
I rode mini-bikes all the time as a kid and was a bit of a speed-demon which usually surprises people. I’ve also driven a tractor with a brush hog once. I love to drive our riding lawn mower but David says I drive it too fast. He claims that if you get air when you go over bumps you are going too fast.