I haven’t done one of these in ages. Seems like a good time to get back in the habit. Since it’s been so long, I’m going to include a bit from the last of June, too.
- July, for our family, always begins with our daughter’s birthday. Isn’t she gorgeous?
- We celebrated the 4th of July at the home of our niece, Leslie, and her boyfriend, Will.
- Chris hosted a going away party for his friend, Eli, who is moving to Baton Rouge to attend LSU. We had about 25-30 people here for a campout, music and karoke.
Around My Home
We’ve been busy but still made time for several nights of stargazing. Last night we took the telescope outside and looked at the blue moon. Shiloh likes to join us for these quiet evenings under the stars.
The House on First Street: My New Orleans Story by Julia Reed
Watching – Movies and T.V.
- T.V. –
I bought the first two seasons of The Donna Reed Show for a little old-fashioned entertainment for myself but it turns out that David loves the show, too. Just so long as he doesn’t expect me to start wearing heels and pearls around the house!
- Movies –
The kids took David to see the new Terminator movie to celebrate Father’s Day. Absolutely not my thing so I watched Magic Mike XXL instead.
- While in Tulsa we looked for a sports bar where we could watch Women’s World Cup. We found Fat Daddy’s where I also had one of the best Reuben sandwiches I’ve ever had, as well as delicious onion rings.
Out and About – Trips and Events
- While in Tulsa we enjoyed a show by Let’s Zeppelin, a tribute band.
- We saw Our Mother’s Martyr perform in OKC:
- We took a Trip to Idaho to visit David’s mother.
- I had the honor of meeting this Choctaw man:
- Karoke in my backyard: