Click here for more menu ideas!
Well, I’m back! Our music festival last weekend was a ridiculously muddy mess but absolutely the best time ever. Now to get back into what passes for a normal routine these days.
- lemon pepper chicken
- baked potatoes
- corn on the cob
We have company this night for dinner.
- refried beans
- chips and salsa
- grilled hot dogs (we have some leftover from the festival which I need to use up)
- chips and dip
- fresh fruit (cherries are in season!)
We rarely eat that much meat in a week but for various reasons this is a meat-heavy week. I think an all-veggie night is in order. I plan to go to the local farmers market Wednesday morning so Thursday’s dinner will include whatever I am able to buy there. We have had so much rain that I’m not sure how much is available just yet.
- vegetables, salad, fruit
We are attending a benefit dinner this evening.
- homemade macaroni and cheese with caramelized onions
- whiskey-glazed carrots
David’s birthday is Friday but since we are attending a benefit that night, we will celebrate in conjunction with “Family Dinner Night”.
- Hawaiian meatballs over rice (David’s favorite)
- homemade egg rolls (optional – will depend on how much time I have)
- fresh fruit salad
- cherry pie and vanilla ice cream (David prefers this to cake)
So what’s cooking at your house this week? Is your local farmers market in full swing yet?