After church yesterday David and I went out to lunch. I always ask him what he has going on in the coming week which might affect our dinner plans. Yesterday I asked him if he had any special requests. He asked for sweet and sour meatballs. I had everything I needed except bell peppers so I picked up a couple when I ran into Braum’s for milk. I’m also going to make him a batch of brownies to take to his firefighter meeting tonight. I found a wonderful recipe and made some for our party Saturday. They were the BEST. I’ll share the recipe in a post tomorrow.
- sweet and sour meatballs (tonight I baked the meatballs instead of frying them)
David may be starting a firefighter course that will meet every Tuesday night from 6-10 for several weeks. That means I’ll need to have a quick meal ready early on those nights.
- black bean burgers (from freezer)
- French fries (I have a partial bag in the freezer)
- green beans
- Hawaiian Ham and Cheese (from last week’s guest post)
- fresh fruit
Lisa and I will be doing our monthly grocery shopping in the city. The last time I made black bean enchiladas I made up an extra pan and froze them. I’ll put them in the fridge the night before to thaw and then if I don’t get home in time for dinner, David can stick them in the oven and make himself a salad.
- frozen enchiladas
- garlic lime chicken
- mashed potatoes
- asparagus (Hopefully I’ll be able to find some at a reasonable price when we shop Thursday.)