David is out of town but I think Chris might be available for dinner. He and I are the seafood eaters around here so this would be a good time for me to pull out some of that sustainably-caught fish I have in the freezer.
- fish baked and topped with a sweet and spicy glaze
- cheesy grits
- French bread
- biscuits and gravy
- fresh fruit
I have a noon meeting, afternoon hair appointment and evening choir rehearsal. David is going to work on one of the firetrucks until I get through with choir at around 7:30. That means I need something that can be simmering away while I’m gone and ready to eat as soon as we get home.
- vegetable soup (crockpot)
- corn bread
If all goes according to plan (don’t laugh!) I want to bake bread this day. My recipe makes 6 loaves so we’ll have a fresh loaf to go with our dinner plus 5 for the freezer.
- roasted potatoes/onions/peppers topped with grated cheese
- fresh green beans
- homemade bread
- crispy baked chicken
- mashed potatoes and gravy
- leftover green beans from the night before
- pumpkin bread for dessert (my recipe makes 2 loaves so I’ll have one for the freezer)
- big chef salads with leftover chicken, hard boiled eggs and shredded cheese
- pumpkin bread
Check out Stone Gable for more menu ideas!