Smothered pork chops are a favorite around here and I got to wondering if I could make them in the Instant Pot with frozen pork chops. It turns out…yes, you can!
Smothered Pork Chops ~ An Instant Pot Recipe
- 4 extra thick boneless pork chops (frozen)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, plus enough to coat pork chops
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- salt, pepper, garlic salt, seasoned salt, Creole seasoning (according to taste)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in Instant Pot on saute.
- Season pork chops well on both sides and sprinkle with flour.
- Brown pork chops in hot oil then remove from Instant Pot.
- Put sliced onions in Instant Pot and cook until lightly browned (add more oil if necessary).
- Deglaze pot with red wine, thoroughly scraping bottom of pot to get up all the browned bits.
- Put browned pork chops on top of onions.
- Pour chicken broth over pork chops.
- Drizzle pork chops with worchestershire sauce.
- Place lid on Instant Pot, close vent and set for 30 minutes on meat setting.
- Allow to vent naturally.
- Remove pork chops to plate and cover to keep warm.
- Return Instant Pot to saute.
- Mix 1 tablespoon flour with 3 tablespoons cold water until completely smooth.
- Pour into bubbling drippings, stirring constantly until gravy thickens.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Place pork chop alongside or on cooked white rice and pour gravy over to serve.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Seasoned and floured…ready to brown:
Back in the Instant Pot, ready to cook:
The pork chops are done, nice and tender:
Thickening the gravy:
Update: I was honored to be selected for Miz Helen’s “Full Plate Thursday”!
More Instant Pot recipes you might enjoy:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Life With Dee!
Miz Helen says
Your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. We have pinned it to our Features board and thank you so much for sharing with us. Enjoy your weekend and your new Red Plate!
Deanna Piercy says
Wow, thanks! That is indeed an honor.
I must have missed this at the time. I didn’t get my instapot until last year for my birthday, so I probably skipped over it. I have great exact porkchops in the freezer to do this with., except I think they may be bone in chops. Does that make a difference? Or do you know? I’m sure I can google it if you don’t. Oh, and Congrats on making Miz Helen’s page. Even if it was a while ago. That’s awesome!!
Deanna Piercy says
I would add an additional 7-8 minutes for bone-in chops, depending on how thick they are.
Thanks for the congrats!