My friend who blogs at CrazyLadyx5 posted what she is thankful for today and that sounded like a good idea to me. So here’s my list for today:
- Air conditioning: We’ve had day after day of 100+ temperatures so air conditioning was the first thing I thought of when I began writing this.
- My husband: David left early this morning for a short business trip. I really miss him but am so grateful that he works so hard to provide for us. And I’m also thankful that in addition to being a hard worker, he also knows how to have fun. He’ll even take me out on a Tuesday night to listen to live music and stay until nearly 1 a.m. despite having to get up for work in the morning. Oh, and he’s a pirate. 😉
- My kids: I couldn’t ask for better kids. They are intelligent, talented, kind, compassionate, free-thinkers who I’m proud to count as friends as well as my children.
- My Prius: I’ve never had a car I enjoyed more than this one. Well, maybe my first car – a 1966 Mustang – because it was fast and gave me a bit of freedom. But otherwise, the Prius is the best. I get around 50 mpg so it’s only costing around $65 a month for gasoline.
- Running water: The excessive heat and drought conditions have taken their toll on some of the water lines in town. Several broke today and much of the town was without water or had very low water pressure. It hasn’t affected us out here in the country (yet!) but I’m not taking water for granted.
What are you thankful for? Check out CrazyLadyx5’s thankful post and if you write your own, you can link up there.