I did my last grocery haul September 18th, so nearly a month ago. Since then I haven’t shopped at all. David picked up a loaf of bread and some chips at one point but otherwise – nothing. I’m not planning to do my usual monthly shopping trip with Lisa this month because we will be in New Orleans for 11 days. We’ll do a big pre-holiday shopping trip in November but in the meantime I’m making do with what I have on hand (which is still a lot) and filling in a bit locally.
After church and lunch out with friends yesterday, we stopped by the local grocery store. David stayed in the truck (which we took instead of my car because we had a LOT of recycling to drop off) playing games on his phone while I ran in and picked up enough to see us through until we go to New Orleans.
Organic items are pretty few and far between at this little store but I figure since the vast majority of what I buy is organic, a few exceptions now and then won’t kill us. I also indulged in a couple of things, such as Halloween candy for the candy dish I keep on our entry table.
- organic milk
- organic spinach
- celery (this is something I hate not to buy organic but I really needed it for a couple of dishes)
- bell pepper (same as celery)
- green onions
- bbq chips
- English muffins
- blue cheese salad dressing
- sour cream
- potato bread (no trans fats or HFCS)
- flour tortillas
- sliced cheddar cheese
- Earl Grey tea (my usual subscription for organic Earl Grey is out of stock at Amazon)
- crunchy Chinese noodles (made Chinese chicken salad last night)
- jar of jalapeño slices
- Halloween candy (1 bag Hershey Kisses in fall colors)
- conditioner for David